Tis the season for family, friends, reflection and what’s next. As we enter the last days of 2019 once again we want to thank our clients, family and friends for their continuous support, without it, we wouldn’t be where are, and for that we are thankful. As we and many other companies and individuals alike reflect on 2019, our minds wander to what’s to come. There are areas where we can add even more value and improve upon, identified through our observations and your precious feedback. We’re already making a start to ensure we serve our clients even better in 2020.
Reflection for employees and companies begin to turn their minds to career and company next steps. In the spirit of the season and the upcoming new year, we’d like to share our take on what we feel will support your thinking whether you’re in the employee or company leader.
Here are a few interview questions to prepare for in support of your internal or external transition with a focus on Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Behavioural.
- What upsets you at work?
- How does this impact how you work in a team?
- How do you feel when you receive negative feedback?
- Where in your career have you tried a new idea of your own and it failed?
- When were you able to persuade a peer, direct manager or business unit to see things your way?
- How do you handle being micro or loosely managed?
- When explaining something complicated to a frustrated client, how did you handle the situation?
- What have you done when your responsibilities become overwhelming, and why?
- How did you overcome the struggle to build a relationship with someone important?
- How would you work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours?
Leaders of all levels, here are a few questions to ponder.
- What behaviours am I demonstrating that exemplifies how aligned I am to our core values and beliefs?
- How do I perform in my role and bring me to work?
- How am I managing my people? Am I getting the best from them?
- What types of relationships am I building within the business and with clients?
- What would it look like to have the right people in the right positions with the right skill sets to deliver against our KPI’s?
- How much thought and time have I given to my team’s career development?
- How do we prepare for uncertainty?
- How can we work smarter and win more?
- What areas do I need support?
- What’s within my power to change?
Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hannukah, and Happy Days from all us to all of you. Ho, Ho, Ho!